June 30, 2012

RIP Corgi

Yesterday was supposed to be a nice relaxing day off but it turned into a tragic day!  

Around 3ish, I was getting ready to pick up the girls for school and I noticed our dog Corgi (the older one) was breathing really hard.  I thought maybe she hot so I gave her some water, she drank a little then wanted to go outside.  She went outside, came back in and she was still breathing super hard and I noticed that her tongue was blue.  I immediately called my husband, as this point I was freaking out because she was just standing still.  I opened the treat jar, nothing, I finally called her toward me and she stumbled towards me when she just laid down next to me, right then and there I knew it wasn't going to be good.  FYI - TMI... Before I knew it there was liquid ozzing from her mouth and her breathing was getting more shallow.  Thank goodness my husband called our friend Cara over to be with me.  Cara arrived and within minutes Corgi had passed.  That was by far one of the most traumatizing thing I've ever had to witness.

The past 8 years I've been greeted by this loving, sweet, friendly puppy.  And I just don't know how I am going to start each day without having her by me.  I know some people just say she was an animal but she was apart of our family, one of our kids.  I am praying with time this will get easier but for now my heart aches. . . 

RIP Corgi.... we love you, always!!!  You will never be forgotten!! <3
The hubby and his BFF.... we are going to miss you Corgi!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Tiff :-( Hope you guys are doing okay...